Saturday, September 8, 2007

La Presa


While me and my friend Maetzin were sitting up by the presa talking, we heard a noise and when we looked behind us we saw this donkey, along with his friend, having a snack.


Near the presa is this gigantic stone alligator along with a giant stone snake.


Nature here looks like this. This is up past the presa. The cactus is a nopál, people eat the leaves, they're supposed to be good for you. I've had them fried with lime and salt, although they taste fine, they are really slimy inside. I don't particularly care for them.

This is the pond/lake at the top of the presa (damn). When I get to the bottom of my hill, I can either turn right and head into town, or go left and walk through a park and around the presa. Up by the presa it's pretty quiet, and the air is a lot fresher.

No comments: